Thursday, July 10, 2014

Muffins

A friend from our Church family recently gave us a juicer. It's not top-of-the-line or anything but does a pretty good job. Ever since we got our Vitamix blender, we've wanted to add a nice juicer to our already-crowded counter, so this was great. We were surprised by how much pulp resulted from just a couple cups of juice. So just like anything else, we googled it and found a few recipes and other suggestions to use the pulp. The muffins have been a huge hit. Here's the recipe that I modified from one I found on justjuice.org:
  • 2 C flour (we used rice flour)
  • 1/4 C flax meal
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 C applesauce
  • 1 C pulp (or more)
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4 C oil
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 tbsp sweetener (we used agave nectar)
Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Sometimes I'll add a little cinnamon, a banana, or whatever sounds good. We ran out of flax meal and liked them just the same without it.

Conlan loves the muffins so much that we have to hide them so he doesn't eat them all. And now we have a way to sneak even more vegetables and fruits into his diet.


 
I told Gavin he probably wouldn't like the muffin mix, but he still wanted it and liked it even.

No comments:

Post a Comment