School was closed on Tuesday because the forecast said it was supposed to snow a lot. It did snow quite a bit, but nowhere near what would have canceled school where I grew up. Then, of course, the next day was also canceled so that the roads could get cleared. The school district canceled for a third day, for reasons undisclosed. I think the temperature was too low, about 5 degrees at 6 AM. Thankfully, work was also closed on Tuesday, and on Wednesday, I could telecommute or take leave. Thursday, I wasn't feeling well so took a sick day. Three days off of school for just 4-6 inches of snow! It's ridiculous to me. Conlan hasn't had a full week of school since before Christmas break. And now, instead of getting President's Day off of school, they have to make it up and go to school that day. I hope they don't cancel any more days since more will have to be made up after school gets out in June.
Anyway, Tuesday evening, we finally ventured out into the snow. I'm so glad we got Conlan those snow boots a couple months ago. At first he protested the extra layer of clothing. We even had to hold his hands while we got suited up so he wouldn't strip down. Finally outside, we had lots of fun making snow angels, throwing snow at each other, and making fresh tracks. Hardly anyone had ventured out all day. We made our way over to the park. It's fun sliding down a slide full of snow! Shortly after getting to the park, a girl, her mom, and their dog came to join in the fun. We made some more snow angels, got to know them and had more fun. Conlan squealed at the sight of the dog. He kept putting himself between the owner and the dog so that he'd get all tangled up, squealing and laughing the whole time. This kid needs a dog!
No comments:
Post a Comment