Monday, December 2, 2013

Communication

Conlan is still nonvocal and struggles with using PECS and sign language. BUT he is very vocal and does communicate.  A friend sent me the picture below, and it reminded me of Conlan. I am very grateful that Conlan likes hugs and kisses. He doesn't give them himself very often, but when he does, I cherish them.

Just last night after saying prayers and singing to him, he started giggling, came towards me and kissed me on my lips. His kisses are far from normal; he basically touches his wide-open mouth to my lips. Lately, he has been practicing different facial expressions with the frustrated/concerned look being his favorite. His eyes are so intense, I wonder what goes on inside that cute little head of his. When he wants something, he usually takes us to it (if he can't get it himself). When he's hungry, he wines. When he's tired, he giggles a lot or just lies down. When he wants to go outside, he takes us to the door and moves our hands toward the doorknob and deadbolt. His "yes" is a chuckle of sorts.

No comments:

Post a Comment