Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Winter Wonderland and Raisins

This past Friday, Conlan's school's PTA hosted a party, called Winter Wonderland. They had various crafts, a bunch of cookies, a tae kwondo demonstration and music for dancing. Other stuff too. He spent the whole two hours either on my shoulders or in my arms. Until he saw a candy cane anyway. He wasn't even very interested in the cookies. I really worry about him. Was he just not feeling well? A tummy ache? Was he sad and missed me? I thought it was hard for people to understand and get to know me through my wall of "introvertedness", but with him, it's even more difficult. He can't even talk (yet). I hope one day he can talk so that he is able to communicate his needs, wishes, wounds, dreams, etc.
Anyway, they had a door prize drawing. I can no longer say that I've never won anything. The first number called was mine! I won a Great Harvest gift basket. It had two loaves of bread, a loaf of pumpkin bread, a bread knife, and a bunch of huge, delicious, raisin cookies.
The next day I took the kids to Pump it Up, only to find out they didn't have open jump that day. Fifty miles wasted. Oh well. I had grabbed some snacks for the trip, and the cookies from the school activity were the favorite. Conlan, unlike most kids his (or any) age, ate the raisins instead of the cookie. He picked the raisins out of the cookie, not in order to have a raisin-free cookie but to eat them and discard the cookie. Crumbs and pieces of cookie were left all over his seat. Raisins and craisins are probably the only fruit we can get him to eat, so we're grateful he'll eat them. He also eats the chocolate chips out of cookies. To say the least, he sure makes life interesting, and I love him all the more for it.


No comments:

Post a Comment